Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hello Blogging World!!! (Plus a Freebie!)

It's official.. I've started my own teaching blog. Many thanks to Becca at Jumping Jax Designs for designing my blog. She does excellent work!!

Now down to business...

Pretty Little Pencils is a place for me to post the day to day happenings of Mrs. Bathman's 2nd grade classroom. The countless activities, lessons and fun times we have are just too good to keep to myself!
**Can I also just say I have THE sweetest class this year.. I tell everyone "I honestly get about a million hugs a day."**

I will link things up to my Teachers Pay Teachers store for you to easily check out (or buy, cough...cough) and post as many freebies as I can. Who would want to buy something without knowing the quality of it first? I got you.. I got you...

I am also a teacher-version of a "fashionista" you could say. I don't buy anything unless I can see myself wearing it to work. I put a lot of different pieces together that most people wouldn't but somehow it all seems to mesh perfectly. So I am dedicating a whole section of my teaching blog to my outfits because a) I care that much about them and b) to shed some light and maybe inspire you to try something new with your wardrobe. I can't promise a post every day but definitely one a week of each outfit I wore.

Let's start this baby off with a freebie shall we? We are starting Addition with REGROUPING this week.. aka the week before Thanksgiving Break ... so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. But in all seriousness, I am working on my first pack and am looking to having it posted next week (over 60 pages!!). Here is one activity we will do called Magic Numbers.. this is great way to introduce Regrouping. It helps students see that 53 is the same as 50+3 as well as 40+13. We will practice a new Magic Number a day, as well as make it one of our math stations, leading up to when we start subtraction with regrouping. This way they will definitely have a great foundation for "breaking apart" numbers or ... REGROUPING. Man I love Math :).
Click HERE to be taken to my TPT store to download for FREE.

I am so excited to begin this journey and I hope you will follow along with me every step of the way. Thanks and Gig 'Em (That's right.. I'm a proud Aggie.. Did you see them BTHO 'Bama last night?!).



1 comment: