I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by my sweet fellow newbie blogger, Anna Digilio, over at Simply Skilled in Second. Thanks so much Anna! You definitely inspire me :).
Just like me, you're probably thinking ... "What is a Liebster Award?"
Well a Liebster Award is given by other bloggers to new up and coming bloggers making their way with less than 200 followers. As you can see... I only have 8 at this point haha. It exists to help promote new bloggers and show them they are appreciated as well. There are a few things to know..
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
So here I go..
11 Random Things About Myself
- I have 3 cats... and people call me a crazy cat lady. I just love kittens so much :). I'm not a crazy cat lady though because I'm married and we are only outnumbered by 1.
- I used to hate my curly hair but now I love it. It's what I'm used to, so I'd choose it over straight hair any day.
- I am right handed but left footed.
- I've played soccer since I was 4 (and still do).
- My fourth grade teacher inspired me to be a teacher because of the way she read Hank the Cowdog in her crazy voices.
- It took me 4 years to read the Twilight books but I went to the 5 in a row movie marathon. I'm a sucker for movie marathons/midnight premieres.
- I love to bake things but don't like sweets normally. I bake things and my friends and family get to enjoy instead of me (by choice).
- I studied abroad in Switzerland and had a mentor at an international school and LOVED it.
- I literally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow 6 out of 7 night of the week. I'm addicted to sleep.
- I'm so excited to be a mommy but can and want to definitely wait a bit longer and enjoy the time when it's just my hubby and me.
- I love clementine Izze's.
1.Car, SUV, or Mini-Van? I'd prefer SUV but I recently just went to a car.
2. Do you have any children? Just 3 cats :).
3. What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Went canyoning in Switzerland ... Google it.
4. What is your favorite drink? Sweet Tea
5. Health nut, couch potato or somewhere in between? Definitely somewhere in between. I have my days of laziness (more of those) but yet I can still get my act together.
6. What is your favorite animal? Cats...
7. Do you cry at movies? Always (and some commercials).
8. Who is your favorite celebrity and why? Taylor Swift... I get a lot "You look like Taylor Swift"'s from my kids so naturally I keep up with her.
9. What is one thing you could tell us about yourself that others would be shocked to know? I didn't lost all of my baby teeth till I was a Jr in high school.
10. If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why? TV, PS3 (for watching movies and Netflix on) and my fridge... I guess I do sound like more of a couch potato huh?).
11. Italian food or mexican food? Mexican and boy am I missing some of that West Texas TexMex.
Blogs I am Nominating
Now I know I am supposed to nominate 11 blogs and I've been do a lot of research but it seems like all of the ones I look at have already been nominated so I will keep searching and update when I find more :).
Questions to My New Blogger Friends
- Favorite Burger Place (if you like burgers)?
- What made you want to become a teacher?
- How long have you been teaching?
- Do you have any children?
- If you were not a teacher what occupation would you choose?
- Where do you see yourself in 1 year?
- Which season do you prefer?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Movies or Books?
- If you could be a fly on the wall in any moment in history, which moment would you choose?
- What advice would you give to a brand new teacher?
Today I've been working on a little Christmas activity pack. It's just a little something fun to do in the classroom before the break, when we all know our students are at their craziest. Click on the picture below to check it out!
Go ahead and save things to put in your cart now for the big sale tomorrow. Here's an updated button for Cyber Monday and Tuesday courtesy of The School Supply Addict.
Click on the image to be taken to my store where starting tonight at midnight everything will be on sale! Make sure to enter the code CMT12 at checkout for addition savings.
Thanks guys!! If you read this entire email then the first person to comment gets the 12 Day of Christmas Elves for free! Just leave your email in the comment box and I'll send it your way.